It is important to us to protect your data, which can be collected during your visit to kidsbestbooks.com.
The legal provisions for the protection of your data can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in the German Federal Data Protection Act.
Controller in terms of data protection regulations is Kids Best Books, Christa Robebrs, Schweriner Str. 25, DE 48161 Münster/Germany.
Below you will find information about what data we collect during your visit to our site and how it is used. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about any unlawful use of your data. This is:
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
PO Box 20 04 44
40102 Düsseldorf, Germany
1. server data collection
When you visit our site, various server statistics are automatically stored, which your browser transmits to our provider’s server. These are:
host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
Date, time and access time of the server request.
This data is used for statistical evaluation of visits to our site and cannot be assigned to specific persons. The legal ground for data collection is Art. 6 I f GDPR. These data are not combined with other data sources. The IP address is anonymized. Our legitimate interest in collecting this data is based on the fact that we can use the data to optimise our services for users, for example by preventing attacks of malicious sites or optimising access via certain browsers, and that only the log of the IP address makes it possible to deliver the site to the visitor.
Principally you have a right to object to this data collection. This is not considered here, as an exception, as otherwise the use of the site would be impossible.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes.
2. Use and Processing of data
If you have provided us with personal data, e.g. name, address etc., we use it to answer your inquiries, for contracts concluded via our partner portals and for technical administration. Your personal data will only be passed on or otherwise transmitted to third parties if this is necessary for the purpose of contract processing, if it is necessary for billing purposes or if you have given your prior consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent with effect for the future at any time, see also paragraph 6 regarding your rights as the data subject.
b. Contact form and inquiry by e-mail
When using our contact form, we collect and store the name and e-mail address for the purpose of answering your inquiry. The specification of the telephone number for a callback is optional.
If you send us a contact request by e-mail, we collect and store the e-mail address and the data contained in the e-mail.
The legal ground is Art. 6 I (a) DSGVO, as you have given consent to the above-mentioned processing of your data when using the form and e-Mail.
The data will be deleted when the purpose of storage has ceased to apply, i.e. after answering your e-mail/contact form-enquiry or when the matter connected with the enquiry has been finally clarified.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal..
For the right to erasure and right of access, see section 6 below regarding your rights as a party concerned.
The legal ground is Art. 6 I (f). Our legitimate interest arises from the fact that we just want to make it easier for you to access the site with the aforementioned cookies and to enable you to retrieve your favourite books with the “wish-list”. No tracking data is collected and therefore there is no interference with your personal rights and fundamental freedoms.
The session cookies are only valid for the duration of your browser session and are deleted when you leave our site. The monthly cookies are automatically deleted after 30 days.
We use the open source web analytics service Matomo (formerly Piwik),of the provider InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand.
Cookies are stored on your computer for this evaluation. The information collected in this way is stored exclusively on our server. The personal data of users is only stored there. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
Information on data protection from Matomo is available at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
We use Matomo to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. We are in a position to compile information about the use of the individual components of our website by evaluating the data obtained. This helps us to continuously improve our website and its user-friendliness. For these purposes, it is also in our legitimate interest to process the data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. By anonymizing the IP address, users’ interest in protecting their personal data is sufficiently taken into account.
You can prevent the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you deactivate the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use this website in its entirety. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser. To prevent Matomo from being used, uncheck the following box to activate the opt-out plug-in
We use Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. This means that IP addresses are shortened before processing of, which prevents the processing of any personal data. The IP address transmitted by your browser using Matomo will not be merged with other data collected by us.
By clicking on a link at the end of each newsletter, you can object to receiving further newsletters at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic telecommunication rates. You can also send us an e-mail with the corresponding request to unsubscribe from the mailing list at email@example.com
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your data for newsletter marketing is Art. 6 I (a) DSGVO. The conditions for consent and its withdrawal have their legal basis in Art. 7 DSGVO.
The data will be deleted from our newsletter immediately after you have unsubscribed.
You have the right to access and object to your data stored by us at any time, see below Paragraph 6 on your rights as a person affected.
6. Rights of the data subject
a, Right of access
You have the right to access information about your personal data stored by us at any time. You may request the following information. We must provide the information within one month:
(1) the purposes of the processing of your personal data;
(2) the categories of personal data concerned;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data concerning has been or will be disloced.
(4) the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, if specific information on this is not possible, the criteria used to determine this period;
(5) the existence of the right to request from us rectification or erasure of your personal data, your right of restriction of processing of your persona data and the right to object to such processing;
(6) the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority
(7) any available information as to the source of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
(8) the existence of automated decision making including profiling referred to in Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and – at least in those cases – meaningful information on the logic involved as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject. We would like to point out that such automated decision-making does not take place on our part.
(9) whether your personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR relating to the transfer.
b, Right to rectification
You have the right to request from us the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you or to have incomplete personal data completed without delay.
c, Right to erasure
Right to erasure
You have the right to have your personal data erased by us without undue delay. We are obliged to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
(2) You withdraw your consent on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 I (a) and there is no other legal ground for the processing.
(3) In accordance with Art. 21 I DSGVO, you object to the processing of your data, which we collect on the basis of our stated legitimate interests (e.g. Cookies), and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing, or you object to processing in the context of direct advertising in accordance with Art. 21 II DSGVO.
(4) We have processed the personal data concerning you unlawfully, for example without your consent or without legitimate interests.
(5) The deletion of personal data concerning you is required in order to fulfil a legal obligation to which we are subject under European Union or German law.
(6) The data was collected in the context of information society services offered to you referred to in Art.8 AGDPR.
If we have published personal data of yours and we are obliged to delete it for one of the aforementioned reasons, we will inform the companies on whose websites the data were published about your request for deletion in an appropriate manner and explain that you as the data subject have requested us to erase all links to this data and to delete all copies or replications.
The right of erasure shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary
(1) to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
(2) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or German law – e.g. within the framework of tax law obligations to retain data for a certain period-, or for performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority which has been transferred to us;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the field of public health in accordance with Art. Art.9 II (h) and (i) and Art.9 III GDPR;
4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89 (I) DSGVO, insofar as the right to erasure is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing
(5) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, e.g. in court proceedings.
d, right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
(1) If you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period of time that enables us to verify the accuracy of the personal data,
(2) If the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and, instead, request that the use of the personal data has be restricted.
(3) If we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
(4) If you have objected to the processing of your personal data, which we collect on the basis of our legitimate interests (e.g. Google Analytics), as long as it is pending, whether our legitimate reasons override your rights.
If the processing has been restricted in accordance with the aforementioned reasons, these personal data may only be processed – apart from their storage – with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person (GmbH, AG, Ltd. Inc. etc.) or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If you have obtained the restriction on processing, you will be informed by us before the restriction is lifted.
e, disclosure requirement
If you have exercised your right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against us, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
You have the right to request information about these recipients.
f, right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transfer this data to another company without hindrance from us, provided that
(1) the processing is based on a consent pursuant to Art. 6 (I) DSGVO or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 I (b) DSGVO and
(2) processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you shall be transmitted directly by us to another company, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
The right to data portability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
g, right to object
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on Article 6 I(e) -required processing on the basis of a task in the public interest or (f) GDPR, processing based on our legitimate interest, e.g. in case of online marketing; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
We will no longer process personal data relating to you unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right of objection in connection with the use of information society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
h, right to withdraw the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right, to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal..
i, Contact for Rights of D
If if is not possible for you to exercise your rights directly during the processing, e.g. when cancelling the newsletter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address given in the imprint.